Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Body Shop Mini Haul!


Hey everyone! It is my birthday month and I'm finally turning 17 soon which is really exciting for me because I don't know - I just love birthdays because I get to eat lots of cake! Alright that was a slight sidetrack so let's just move on to the main point of today's blog post!

As I was saying, since it is my birthday month, I am entitled to a 20% off store wide from The Body Shop and I am in love with their products. So I thought that I could seize the opportunity and restock on products which I'm running out of as well as try new products which they have in store! So let's get started and jump into everything!

Most of my skin care products are from The Body Shop's Tea Tree line and I have been religiously using most of the Tea Tree products for quite some time now. If you can't tell yet, I am loving it a ton! The Tea Tree line can be considered pricey as compared to drugstore cleansers but I feel that it is worth it and I was coincidentally running out of most of the products so I obviously had to restock them!

First up, I have my favorite facial cleanser of all time. I have totally ran out of the current bottle and since I got 20% off, might as well stock up two bottles! These are probably my 4th and 5th bottles. They last for about a month and a half to two months so these should last me till the end of this year. I thought I could include a brief review of The Body Shop's Tea Tree Cleanser because I have been using this for the longest time ever. It doesn't matter which bottle I'm at but for the first few uses, the smell would be kind of overwhelming and it may sting my eyes and face at the slightest but it'll get a little bit more gentle afterwards! It also does not leave me with the squeaky-dry-clean feeling after cleansing it off with luke warm water and I appreciate that a lot because I hate those cleansers which gives me the squeaky finish.


I am not completely sure if I have let all of you know how much love I have for the Tea Tree facial scrub. This product is perf. I decided to give it a try back when there was a The Body Shop booth at school because it was 20% off too and I turn out loving this so much! I noticed a difference with my hyper-pigmentation after about 3 uses and I use this every morning during the weekdays because it is not a really harsh scrub. Basically it just removes the dead skin cells which helps in fading any scarring and uneven skin tone.  They also changed the packaging and the consistency of it which I have yet to try but I will let you guys know what I think of it and if it's going to be included in my favorites then I obviously love it! I'm also a tad bit worry if it'll leave me with the squeaky finish because of what is written on the packaging but we'll see how it goes!


The final skin care product I got is a cleanse-off face mask! I've been using sheet masks for quite some time now and I thought that it's time for a change. So I decided to go for the Tea Tree face mask because I have heard really great reviews on it! I'll definitely let you know if it's worth the price because I think it is kind of pricey for a small tub of face mask! 

Moving on to body products, The Body Shop introduced a new line which is known as the Honeymania and just like what the name says, this shower gel smells so much like honey! It definitely has sweet scent to it but I'm glad that it's not overpowering at all. The lady there applied a fair amount on the back of my palm and it lathers really well even without a loofah! After rinsing it off, the smell still lingers but it's not overwhelming! I have a huge feeling that this will be my new favorite shower gel because like I said, I love sweet scents and I really like the Honey I Washed The Kids soap from Lush and this smells kind of similar. I'm really excited to try this out!

The Body Shop was also having a promotion for the body scrub as well as the body butter! It was $39.90 for both and I thought that it was a pretty good deal because they cost $30.90 individually. 


I also gave the body scrub a try at the back of my palm and it definitely exfoliated the dead skin cells because my palm was a lot smoother afterwards - almost like a baby's butt. I kid you not! Besides, it smells so good I can't even. You should totally smell this when you're near an outlet! Similarly, the subtle sweet scent lingers even after rinsing it off. The scrub wasn't rough at all and it actually felt really great on the skin!

The final body product I got is the Honeymania body butter and I have always wanted to give the Strawberry body butter a try but the moment I smelled this and applied it onto my skin, it definitely won the strawberry body butter! Maybe it was the scent which made the huge difference because I really love sweet scents but the Strawberry body butter was a tad bit too sweet and kind of overpowering so it is no surprise that I bought a couple of products from the Honeymania line! I will definitely let all of you lovely people know if I am loving Honeymania in my September favorites! Stay tuned for it!

That is all for today. I'll talk to you guys soon!

Love,
Izza

1 comment:

  1. You've made me want to try them all, uhoh! Especially the Tea Tree collection, I may try the "squeaky clean scrub" :). x

    http://alexandrae94.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete